The UTM part-time undergraduate programmes were introduced since 1994. It offers an alternative pathway for individuals and working professionals to pursue higher education through part-time mode. Since its inception in 1993, more than 17,500 graduates from various fields have been produced through Part-Time Study Program at UTMSPACE. It also maintains enrolment of more than 6,000 students per semester.
The part-time programmes are usually offered off-campus at 11 study centres across Malaysia, namely Johor Bahru, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh, Kota Bharu, Kuantan, Alor Setar, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Miri and Kerteh. The lectures are specially designed for working professionals, and are conducted during the weekend. Curriculum used under the part-time programmes follow the curriculum of mainstream programmes taken by full-time students. It still maintains the 100% face-to-face meetings/lectures, as experienced by full-time students. The tuition fee varies, and is subjected to location and type of programme, ranging between RM 18,000 to RM 30,000 for the full duration of study.
Why UTM Part-time Programme?
- All course outline, material, and curriculum are the same as fulltime programme, including final exam paper
- The part-time programme maintains the 100% face-to-face meetings/lectures, as experienced by full-time students
- The final degree is awarded by UTM, and students will obtain their scroll in convocation session at the UTM Johor Bahru campus
- The professional programmes are accredited by professional bodies in Malaysia:
Board of Engineers Malaysia
Board of Quantity Surveyors
Malaysia Institute of Planners
Board of Land Surveyors Malaysia
Board of Architects Malaysia
- UTM part-time engineering programmes are the only part-time engineering programme recognised by the Board of Engineers Malaysia.
- Multiple pathways for fee payment, such as the EPF withdrawal scheme, PTPTN or other education loan provider (Terms and conditions apply).
Centre of Part-time Studies (Johor Bahru)
Level 4 & 5, Block T-05,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
81310 Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Takzim.
Email : email@example.com
Tel : +607-521 2000/531 8000
Centre of Part-time Studies (Kuala Lumpur)
Blok H Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra
54100 Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-2615 4937